What is a jade roller?
You might think this is the newest beauty trend in the skin care industry but they have actually been a staple in Chinese skincare routines since about the 7th century. You can think of it as handheld mini face massager. They can be made of green jade or rose quartz, and are believed to have healing and protective properties for the skin, including boosting blood circulation. Some jade rollers have a small roller at the bottom, which can be great to use on smaller areas of the face.
You can also Gua Sha, (pronounced gwahshah) comes from the Chinese word for scraping. It may also be called skin scraping, spooning, or coining. Used in a similar way as the jade roller but it is shaped in a smaller stone.
The most well-known benefits of using a jade roller include:
- Reducing inflammation and puffiness of the skin.
- Reducing the appearance of under eye circles (especially if the roller is cold).
- Stimulating the lymphatic system and blood circulation.
- Brightening complexion.
- Tightening pores.
- Helping reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Allowing skincare products to penetrate more deeply.
How to Purchase?
They are pretty inexpensive, ranging between $10-$20. You can find a good quality on Amazon and see which one you prefer.